Part 3: Chapter 28
1. Henry HULL, b 19 Nov 1774; pb Pennsylvania; d 20 Jan 1861; pd DeKalb Co., Indiana. son of John HULL Sr. & Rebecca (nee ?); m circa 1794 in Pennsylvania to Christinia COX, b 10 Jun l776; pb Pennsylvania; d 11 Jun 1859; pd DeKalb Co., Indiana; daughter of Michael COX Sr. & Elizabeth (nee ?) of Luzerne Twp. Fayette Co., Pennsylvania; Henry & Christinia both buried Evergreen Cemetery, Newville, DeKalb Co., Indiana.
+ 2. John HULL, b circa l795 in Pennsylvania.
+ 3. Joseph HULL, b 2 Mar l798 in Pennsylvania.
+ 4. Hiram HULL, b circa 1802 in Pennsylvania.
+ 5. Martin HULL, b circa 1805 in Pennsylvania.
+ 6. Margaret HULL, b circa 1809 in Pennsylvania.
+ 7. Alvira HULL, b 20 Apr 1813 in Ohio.
+ 8. Henry H. HULL, b 4 Feb 1815 in Ohio.
2. John HULL (Henry1), b circa l795 (or 1800?), pb Washington, Co., Pennsylvania; d after 1860; m/l 29 Apr 1819 in Coshocton Co., Ohio to Elizabeth HENDERSON. At least 6 children. They resided in Howard Twp, Knox Co., Ohio in 1820. John m/2 31 Mar. 1842 in Knox Co., to Ann WADDELL. 5 children:
+ 9. George W. HULL, MD, b 4 Feb 1820 in Ohio
10. son, on 1840 census
11. son, on 1840 census
12. Henderson HULL, b 1835 in Ohio; d 1895
13. Norman HULL, b 1840 in Ohio
14. Jacob HULL, MD, b 22 Jun 1841 in Ohio
* * * * * * * * * * * *
15. Matilda HULL, b circa 1844
16. Hannah HULL, b circa 1845
17. Henry HULL, b 1849; died in infancy
18. Lucinda HULL, b circa 1850
19. Louisa HULL, b circa 1852
3. Joseph HULL (Henry1), b 2 Mar 1798; pb Washington Co., Pennsylvania; d 17 Sep 1873; pd home of son, Dr. Henry Clay HULL, Washington Co., Iowa; buried Crawfordsville Cemetery, Crawford Twp, Washington Co., Iowa; m 6 April 1825 in Coshocton Co., Ohio to Elizabeth VAN WINKLE, b 1801 in Virginia; daughter of Moses VAN WINKLE & (?) TYLER.
+ 20. Henry Clay HULL, MD, b 3 Feb 1826 in Ohio
+ 21. John C. HULL, b 14 Jun 1827 in Ohio
22. Isaac HULL, b 11 Apr 1830 in Monroe Twp, Knox Co., Ohio
23. Thaddeus HULL, b 1832 (or 11 Apr 1830) in Monroe Twp, Knox Co., Ohio; d 1920 in Wellington, KS; m 1852 to Malinda Lydia McGUGIN of Knox Co., Ohio; resided in Gambier, Ohio.
24. Margaret HULL, b 13 Mar 1834 in Monroe Twp, Know Co., Ohio; m Friendly LEWIS of Gambier, Knox, Co., Ohio; resided in Gambier, Ohio.
25. Hester Ann HULL, b 13 Aug 1836 in Monroe Twp, Knox Co., Ohio; died young
26. Joseph E. HULL, b 5 Jul 1838 in Monroe Twp, Knox Co., Ohio; m Ann E. (nee ?); resided in Gillespies, Illinois at time of fatherís death.
+ 27. Moses HULL, b 20 Aug 1840 in Ohio
4. Hiram HULL (Henry1), b circa 1802 (1808?); pb Washington Co., Pennsylvania; alive 1851; farmer; m/1 Sarah SLOAN; m/2 Louisa (nee ?); Hiram & Sarah resided in Harrison Twp, Knox Co., Ohio; he & Louisa moved to Concord Twp. DeKalb Co., Indiana, in 1851.
28. Henry HULL, b 24 Mar 1834 in Ohio; d 11 Sep 1911;
29. Christinia HULL, b circa 1835 in Ohio
30. Margaret HULL, b circa 1836 in Ohio
31. Martin HULL, b circa 1839 in Ohio;
32. Orange HULL, b circa 1840 in Ohio; m Harriett (nee ?)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
33. Louisa F. HULL, b 1850 in Ohio
34. Mary HULL, b Indiana
35. Augustus HULL, b Indiana
36. Myron HULL, b Indiana
37. Sarah HULL, b Indiana
38. Woosey HULL, b Indiana
5. Martin HULL (Henry1), b circa 1805 (or 1812?); d 7 Oct 1864; pd DeKalb Co., Indiana; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Newville, Indiana. m 29 May 1859 to Elizabeth JOHNSON, resided in Coshocton Co., Ohio, Knox Co., Ohio and DeKalb Co., Indiana. American Legion Records indicate he served in the Civil War but no unit was designated in records. No known children.
6. Margaret HULL (Henry1), b circa 1809 (or 1815?); pb Pennsylvania or Coshocton Co., Ohio; d (1890?) in DeKalb Co., m 31 Mar 1831 in Knox Co., Ohio to John JENKINS, b circa 1810; pb Prince Georges Co., MD; d Dec 1889; pd DeKalb Co., Indiana; son of John J. & Nancy "Ann" HIGDON. They lived in Knox Co., Ohio for 14 years and the remainder of their lives in DeKalb Co., Indiana
39. Martin JENKINS, b 27 Jan 1832; d 8 Oct 1899;
40. Henry JENKINS, b 1 May 1834; d 7 Jan 1910;
41. Mary Ann JENKINS, b 1 Feb 1836; d 12 Jan 1911;
42. Alvira JENKINS, b 1836; d 1911; m 1857 Jacob B. WHITE
43. Sarah JENKINS, b 1840; m/1 1857 Franklin HERRICK; m/2 1877 Loren S. SAYLOR
44. Ellen JENKINS, b 1841; m Albert J. MELTON
45. John H. JENKINS, b Jul 1843; d 7 Mar 1901;
46. Orange Tim JENKINS, b 1845; d 13 Feb 1889;
7. Alvira HULL (Henry1) b 20 Apr 1813; pb Ohio; d 17 Feb 1879; pd DeKalb Co., Indiana; m 1863 Henry MAXWELL, his second wife; she took care of her parents in their latter years, not marrying until after their deaths; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Newville, Indiana; Henry and Alvira had no children.
8. Henry H. HULL, (Henry1) b 4 Feb 1815; pb Coshocton Co., Ohio; d 25 Apr 1898; pd Newville, DeKalb Co., Indiana; m 24 Apr 1856 in DeKalb Co., Indiana to Mrs. Melissa REX, widow; d 1905 in DeKalb Co., Indiana. daughter of Joshua & Martha WRIGHT. Resided in Coshocton Co., Ohio, Knox Co., Ohio, and DeKalb Co., Indiana. He lived on fatherís farm until age 21, receiving education in public schools of Knox Co., Ohio. He studied medicine when 19 years of age and began practice at 21 years of age. He moved to Newville DeKalb Co., Indiana, in 1851, and built up a large practice. He became a Mason in 1857 and was a member of William Hacker Lodge No. 326, Newville, Indiana.
47. Lorinda HULL, b circa 1857 in Indiana
48. Charles F. HULL, b circa 1859 in Indiana; d 22 Aug 1866
49. C. Ott HULL, resided in Auburn, Indiana
50. Inez HULL, b circa 1863; m 1883 Dallas HEADLEY
51. Ida HULL, b circa 1864; d 16 Mar 1865
52. Thomas M. "Mellie" HULL, b deaf; alive 1905 when his mother died.
9. George Washington HULL, (John2, Henry1), b 4 Feb 1820; pb Ohio; m/1 M. E. JENNINGS; m/2 Hannah B. MURPHY. Graduated Electric College of Medicine, Cincinnati; Ohio in 1861. He practiced medicine in Lexington, MO but was run out due to his Union sympathies; returned to Newville, Indiana for a while with his uncle Henry HULL; went to Labette Co., KS after Civil War to practice medicine.
53. J. Scudder HULL, graduated from Electric College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio in 1896.
20. Henry Clay HULL, (Joseph2, Henry1), b 3 1826, pb on farm, Mount Vernon, Knox Co., Ohio; d 21 Sep 1907?; pd Washington Co., Iowa; m/1 Mary LYBARGER; 1 child; m/2 1854 Mrs. Jane L. NABB, b 1822 in Pennsylvania; d 9 May 1880 Washington Co., Iowa; buried Old Crawfordsville Cemetery; 1 child; m/3 1881 Margaret VAN HORN, b 1849 Pickaway, Miami Co., Ohio; d 1931; buried New Crawfordsville Cemetery, Crawford Twp., Washington Co., daughter of John VAN HORN & Jane MATHERS. He graduated from Electric Medical Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio on 5 Jun 1852. He practiced medicine with his father in Washington Co, Iowa. WWI veteran.
54. Joseph H. HULL, MD, b 1850 in Ohio
55. Emma HULL, b 1856 in Iowa; d before 1860
56. Nellie HULL, b 1882 in Iowa
21 John C. HULL, MD, (Joseph2, Henry1), b 14 Jun 1827; pb farm Mt Vernon, Knox Co., Ohio; d 11 Nov 1900; pd Kearney, Buffalo Co., Nebraska; buried lot 1701, space 8, east field; m 15 Feb 1855 Trenton, Henry Co., Iowa to Nancy UPDEGRAFF, b 22 Apr 1832 Shelbyville, Shelby Co., Indiana; d 16 Mar 1911, Kearney, Nebraska; daughter of Abraham UPDEGRAFF, b 30 Sep 1807; d 13 Jun 1855 Henry Co., Iowa, & Elenor CURRIGAN, b 1806 in Pennsylvania. John graduated from Electric Medical Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio in 1853.
57. Charles M. HULL, b 1857 Trenton, Henry Co., Iowa; d 13 Mar 1910 Kearney, Nebraska
+ 58. Frank Wilson HULL, b 1858 in Iowa
59. Howard J. HULL, b 1861; pb Trenton, Henry Co., Iowa; m Lucy SIZER, b Springfield, MA.
60. George M. HULL, b 1862; pb Trenton, Henry Co., Iowa; d 1907 pd Kearney, Nebraska; m 1887 Blanche L. HARRINGTON, b 1866; pb Geneseo, IL 1892.
27. Moses HULL (Joseph2, Henry1), b 20 Aug 1840; m 13 Jul 1861 to Elizabeth Jane BENNETT in Knox Co., Ohio; Moses b Monroe Twp, Knox Co., Ohio
61. Charles Franklin HULL, b 22 May 1863; pb Mount Vernon, Knox Co., Ohio; d 4 Dec 1944; pd Washington Co., Iowa; m Edna Evelyn FLETCHER
+ 62. Henry Clinton HULL, b 1874 in Iowa
63. Daisy HULL, m Charles STARTSMAN who was an electrical engineer, N Orange, NJ
56. Nellie HULL (Henry C.3, Joseph2, Henryl), b 20 Apr 1882; pb Brighton, Washington Co., Iowa; d 1961; pd Crawford Twp, Washington Co., Iowa; m Rev. Wilson Gardner ROBERTSON of United Presbyterian Church of Crawfordsville Twp., Iowa.
64. Margaret Louise ROBERTSON, b 9 Apr 1909;
65. Infant male, b and d 15 May 1884
66. Herman HULL, b 14 Jul 1887; pb Crawford Twp, Washington Co., Iowa; d 15 Oct 1889
58. Frank Wilson HULL (John C.3, Joseph2, Henryl), b 23 Feb 1858; pb Mount Pleasant, Henry Co., Iowa; d 22 May 1922; pd Denver, Colorado; m 3 Feb 1885 Florence Alberta WILSON, b 23 Feb 1867; pb Monmouth, Warren Co., IL; d 18 Mar 1901; pd Denver, Colorado; daughter of Peter W. WILSON, b 3 Jul 1820; pd Roseville, NJ; d 16 Sep 1908; pd Kearney, Nebraska & Harriet SEIDLE, b 24 Nov 1823; pb Pennsylvania; d 21 Feb 1918; pb Denver, Colorado. Buried Kearney, Nebraska. Frank graduated Univ. of Michigan (Law) in 1883; Buffalo Co., Nebraska judge 1884-87; hospital administrator for Denver General Hospital 1900-1922.
+ 68. Cecil B. HULL, b 1885
+ 69. Donald C. HULL, b 1888 in Nebraska
62. Henry Clinton HULL, MD (Joseph4, Henry C.3, Joseph2, Henry1), b 7 Sep 1874; pb Washington Co., Iowa; buried Elm Grove Cemetery; m Hattie Berdo, b 9 Sep 1880; pb Iowa.
70. Catherine Jane HULL, b 1910; graduated Iowa University in 1931
71. Josephine B. Hull, b 1913
72. Harriette Hull, b 1915
68. Cecil Bertram Hull (Frank4, John C.3, Joseph2, Henry1), b 23 Dec 1885; m Ella MAC CARMICHAEL
73. Hugh Carmichael HULL, b 13 Sep 1919
74. Nancy Ann HULL
69. Donald Cameron Hull (Joseph4, Henry C.3, Joseph2, Henry1), b 28 Jul 1888; pb Kearney, Buffalo Co., Nebraska; d 20 Apr 1946; pd Denver, Colorado; m/1 1 Jun 1916 in Denver, Colorado to Geneva Mary BALLOU, b 30 Jan 1887; pb Denver, Arapahoe Co., Colorado; d 17 Aug 1954; pd Denver, Colorado.
75. William Ballou HULL, b 30 Aug 1917
76. Betty Florence HULL, b 16 Sep 1920
Sources: Hull Family Register, edited by Robert Boatman, pp. 105, 165-167. Miscellaneous notes from Bettie H. Jenkins
This site's address is: