Part 4: Chapter 23
Ina Gene Edwards was Marvin Cox’s first wife, and the mother of Charles Wesley Cox. Ina Gene and Marvin married on 12 December 1927 in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, and Charlie was born 13 November 1932.
Ina Gene’s mother, Lila B. Stephenson, was married twice. Ina Gene was born from the second marriage to J.T. Edwards. She had three half-brothers. We have but skimpy information on the families. We know that J.T. Edwards had a brother called "Ace" who was a boilermaker in Fort Worth, Texas. We also know that their parents were born in Alabama.
Descent Chart 8: John Thomas Edwards’ Descendents
Generation No. 1
1. LILA BERTA1 STEPHENSON was born 1882 in Arkansas. She married (1) SAM AMSEY. She married (2) JOHN THOMAS EDWARDS 1908.
Children of LILA STEPHENSON and SAM AMSEY are:
i. JACKIE DAVID2 AMSEY, b. 1902.
Children of LILA STEPHENSON and JOHN EDWARDS are:
2. iv. INA GENE2 EDWARDS, b. 11 February, 1911, Stratford,
Oklahoma; d. March 1955, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Generation No. 2
2. INA GENE2 EDWARDS (LILA BERTA1 STEPHENSON) was born 11 February, 1911 in Stratford, Oklahoma, and died March 1955 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She married MARVIN WESLEY COX 27 December, 1927 in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, son of WILLIAM COX and FRONA MAXWELL.
Child of INA EDWARDS and MARVIN COX is:
3. i. CHARLES WESLEY3 COX, b. 13 November, 1932.
Generation No. 3
3. CHARLES WESLEY3 COX (INA GENE2 EDWARDS, LILA BERTA1 STEPHENSON) was born 13 November, 1932. He married JO-ANN HUGHEY 18 June, 1954 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Children of CHARLES COX and JO-ANN HUGHEY are:
4. i. CHARLA ANN4 COX, b. 12 July, 1960.
Generation No. 4
4. CHARLA ANN4 COX (CHARLES WESLEY3, INA GENE2 EDWARDS, LILA BERTA1 STEPHENSON) was born 12 July, 1960. She married (1) DAVID EPLEY 21 November, 1982. She married (2) JAMES DOUGLAS BUNDY 13 December, 1990.
Children of CHARLA COX and DAVID EPLEY are:
i. CHELSEY ANN5 EPLEY, b. 11 February, 1984.
Child of CHARLA COX and JAMES BUNDY is:
iii. GREGORY MICHAEL5 BUNDY, b. 09 September, 1992.
This site's address is: